8.21.2011

Silver Lake Michigan


     My Mom and I drove up to Silver Lake for a nice long weekend getaway; it was wonderful to share and experience memories with my Aunt, Uncle, cousins and their beautiful little ones.
     Too many pictures were taken, lots of journeys were ventured and an abundance of sun,water and sand was taken in while up in Silver Lake.  My Aunt helped me gather sand in huge liter bottles to take back to the flat lands with me.  What am I going to do with it you ask?  Not sure yet, but it will definately not go to waste.
     I was able to photograph Little Sable Point Light house which was gorgeous at sunset.  Photographed  lightning from a storm that passed through; turned out better than expected, took pictures of the little ones and did a little hair as well.  I love it when my 2 passions collide.  It's truly me at my happiest.  
     It was so fun to see the little ones in their wet suits and life jackets bouncing around in the water while the girls sat on the pier soaking up the sun.  Some sailed, others went out on their boats while the more adventrous ones took a ride on the jetskis.  Hehehe... that was me!
     Good times had by all yet it went by so quickly.  Looking forward to the next time I get to see the little ones faces.  Another trip to AZ, soon?  Sooner rather than later, hopefully.

Enjoy the pics!
Erica

The Fish Boil was pretty amazing  


Who would have thought that 6 lbs. of salt gets dumped into a cauldron creating the above


The Labyrinth across from the fish boil


Mmmm....


Sunset at Lake Michigan & the channel that connects Silver Lake to Lake Michigan


Sunsetting over Lake Michigan


Enjoying the Sunset


Little Sable Point Lighthouse


LSP Lighthouse


Macwood's Dune Rides


Through the 'desert' of Michigan


Lightning!!


Crazy, huh?











    

2 comments:

  1. Luv the pictures! Such talent you have! Xoxo, Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erica, you captured some great photo's of time spent at Silver Lake. It was so much fun having your Mom and you spending some time there, we were able to reconnect and make some special memories! We all had some good laughs after all it is a three ring circus around all of the comings and goings. After all "oh, it's Silver Lake", and now you understand the meaning of those words, right!
    Love ya, Aunt Grace

    ReplyDelete